Wakestock Gŵyl y Mor (Festival of the Sea)
Photo credits: See Practical information below
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United Kingdom — Wales|
|Type of Festival||Comedy, Music|
|Location of Festival||Abersoch, Pwllheli and Penrhos in Gwynedd, North Wales, UK|
|Festival Contact Information|
Wakestock is not just a music festival — it combines Europe’s Largest Wakeboard Event, which attracts some of the world’s best riders to this stunning location. The Festival takes place at Absersoch at Cardigan Bay in July. The industry’s leading bands and DJs in an area that boasts sandy beaches, funky bars & cafés, trendy clothes shops & some of the best watersports in Europe. Wakestock attracts over 20,000 people enjoying the unique event over the course of the weekend. Wakeboarding is the fastest growing sport in the world and now has over 3.5 million participants that encompass trendy fashions and a healthy lifestyle. It is this lifestyle that Wakestock embraces, and results in a unique, unmissable event, with a fantastic atmosphere and great music.
|Festival Dates||July 11 - 13, 2014|
Announced lineup 2014:
- Tom Odell — headliner
- We are so excited to reveal TOM ODELL will be headlining the Friday night at the festival this year. Last year Tom’s critically acclaimed debut number 1 album, Long Way Down went gold. He also supported his hero Elton John at The Roundhouse in London as part of the iTunes Festival 2013, and won the BRITs Critics’ Choice Award in early 2013. Currently embarking on a full UK tour, this guy’s star is set to rise further, with two Brit award nominations for the Best British Breakthrough Act and Best British Male Solo Artist. Tom performed his first new song since the release of “Long Way Down”, entitled “Alex” as part of his tour this month and listen out for more air play over the coming months.
- Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls — headliner
- The story of FRANK TURNER, the former punk rock frontman, the man who tours harder than anybody else, is one of the most heart-swelling there is. Starting off in London’s tiniest boltholes and grottiest pubs, he’s risen slowly but surely, album by album, gig by gig. Pubs have given way to top rooms of venues and now arenas. Touring in support of new record Tape Deck Heart, 2014 has seen Frank take on arenas all over the UK, including the biggest of all, the O2. He has brought the house down in all of them and we can’t wait for him to take to the stage.
- John Newman — headliner
- JOHN NEWMAN’s soulful voice has made him one of the hottest stars in Britain, the voice of two No 1 singles, the 2013 hit “Love me Again” and “Feel the Love” with Rudimental, and his first album “Tribute” entered the charts at number one in October. This year saw him nominated for two BRIT awards for Best Single and Best British Male. His sound blends the organic feel of Sixties soul with the thick pulse of modern pop and the piano-driven energy of house music. He has across the board appeal and is sure to be a hit on stage this year.
- Clean Bandit
- Duke Dumont
- Gordon City
- B. Traits
- Shy FX
- Stamina MC
- Catfish and the Bottlemen
- Le Youth
- Fred V & Graffx with Felon MC
- Star Slinger
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
Tickets for locals 2014:
- Local resident tickets are only available to people living in the following postal codes: LL53 5, LL53 7, LL53 6, LL53 8 (for the full area breakdown please check http://www.wakestock.co.uk
- Local Resident Tickets are priced as follows:
- Weekend Camping £70
- Weekend Camping Thursday Arrival £75
- Weekend Ticket £57.50
- These tickets have limited availability so don’t hang around! These tickets are either available from Newsplus in Pwllheli or online. To book online go to www.wakestock.co.uk and follow the link. If bought in Newsplus the resident has to take a utility bill with them when purchasing tickets which is from a property within the postcode area listed above, and some form of photographic ID.
- If purchasing online the tickets have to be paid for on a card registered to an address within the postcode area above, and can only be delivered to that address. The ticket will only be valid for Pen Llyn residents and cannot be resold. Each property is allowed to purchase a maximum of 4 discounted tickets. If you have any queries regarding the local resident tickets then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In order of appearance
- The All-American Rejects
- Annie Mac
- Craigo, photo by Chris West
- Dizzee Rascal, photo by Tim & Barry
- Main Stage, photo by Chris West
- Totally Abersoch
- Cardigan Bay
Abersoch, North Wales
- Online information