Woking Dance Festival - Summer Dance Shorts and Dance Project
|Country and Region||United Kingdom — England|
|Type of Festival||Dance|
|Location of Festival||Woking, Surrey, England UK|
|Festival Contact Information|
Sam and Jess
The Woking Dance Festival — Summer Dance Projects takes place over two days at at the Town Square in Woking with a program of professional modern dance companies and family fun events. The event is free! On saturday morning join the free Tai Chi workshop at 8:00am. The Summer Shorts leads up to the Woking International Dance Festival that is slated for February/March 2010 in the lead-up to the London Olympic games in 2012.
|Festival Dates||July 20 - August 10, 2013|
- Saturday 20th July A day of dance for all the family
Summer Dance Project
- Monday 29th July to Saturday 10th August Enjoy 11 days of fun this summer; learn new dance styles and meet new friends as you work towards creating you own show for Rhoda McGaw Theatre. Suitable for ages 12-21
- Also look out for teachers forum and our community platform Assemble
- For further details or to book your place please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Dance Project 2013:
- July 29, August 2, 5-10
- If you’re aged 8-21, would like to try out new dance styles, perform in a theatre, meet new people and have some fun then our Summer Dance Project is for you. Whether you’ve not danced before or you attend classes regularly, come and take part in this exciting summer school which will keep you entertained while giving you new dance skills and experience. You can choose to take part in one week or both weeks; if you’re really keen and love to dance, we recommend you do both!
- Week One you will get to try out a wide range of dance styles including Contemporary, Street, Musical Theatre, Ballet, Jazz and African to name a few! You’ll be working with specialist dance teachers and a group of dancers of a similar age and ability. This is a chance to try out new styles, improve your technique and increase your fitness in a fun and friendly atmosphere.
- Week Two you will work with either Tavaziva Dance (specialising in fusing African and Contemporary dance) or Jasmin Vardimon Dance Company (renowned for her uniquely theatrical choreographic style) to create a new 10 minute piece to perform on Saturday 10th August at Rhoda McGaw Theatre. This is an amazing opportunity for aspiring dancers to work with two of the country’s leading dance artists and experience life as a professional dancer for a week.
Fees: One week: £75 | Two weeks: £125
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
- Town Square
Friday, 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Saturday, 10:30am - 4:00pm