Canaan Downs Festival
Logo courtesy of Cosmic Corner www.cosmiccorner.co.nz
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||New Zealand — Nelson|
|Type of Festival||Dance, Music|
|Location of Festival||Takaka Hill, Nelson, New Zealand|
|Festival Contact Information|
Fax: +64 3 3772945
New Zealand’s favourite New Years Festival is back. Found at the legendary location of Canaan Downs on Takaka Hill. Many people bring together the energy and goodness of Aotearoa to celebrate New Years in our most enduring Festival destination which marks the 12th anniversary of New Years events at this site.
For many people around New Zealand and the world, celebrating New Year at Canaan Downs has become a definitive moment in their lives. The location, the land, the events that have occurred there are significant to us, to who we are as individuals, to the way we see ourselves collectively. Surrounded by native bush, lime stone rocks, rolling grass lands, at the end of a long road, high on a mountain, at the top of an island, in the centre of a country cast far into the pacific ocean its is not hard to recognise why people identify Canaan Downs as a special place.
Dance and rock, youth and age, love and family. Deep tribal vibes and dazzling technical magic. Spine tingling performance that puts reality in a blender. The most unique and exciting collection of New Zealand artists to be seen in one place at one time. The confluence of ancient ideas and futuristic dreams. Canaan Downs Festival is you at a party having the best time of your life with the bestpeople in your life. So make the journey to become part of the magic, to become a part of the story that is Canaan Downs. Grab your tent, grab your friends, grab your ticket and come join us this summer to celebrate the New Year at Canaan Downs Festival.
|Festival Dates||December - January 2011 cancelled|
- Canaan Downs Festival (Scoop Independet News, November 13, 2007)
- Takaka Hill
- Visit the web site for directions and details
- Camping and facilities information available on line
- Gates open midday on December 30th
- $139 plus booking fee until November 14, 2008
- $159 plus booking fee thereafter
- Check ticketing page of the website for your outlet. For additional information visit
- Video of Canaan Downs Festival - Zero Waste
- For information about Canaan Downs environmental initiatives visit