Port Douglas Carnivale
Photos courtesy of Port Douglas Carnivale
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Australia — Queensland|
|Type of Festival||Dance, Drama, Music|
|Location of Festival||Port Douglas; Daintree; Mossman; Cape Tribulation, Queensland, Australia|
|Festival Contact Information|
Port Douglas Carnivale
For 10 balmy days and nights each May, the festival of Carnivale takes over the seaside resort village of Port Douglas offering a chance to flirt with life and engage in a kalidescope of free and ticketed events. There’s music, arts, sports, food, culture and all styles of entertainment… and absolutely every reason you need to hang out in Port Douglas!
Now 17 years old, Carnivale has grown from a street fiesta to a broad program which involves the entire community. There are family favourites like the Street Parade, the Seafood Extravaganza, the Four Mile Beach Day and, new this year, the Great Aussie Arvo Concert. Get a taste of the tropics at the Sheraton Mirage Longest lunch, Quicksilver’s Food, Wine & A Taste of Port, or watch great Aussie chefs compete in the Gourmet Gladiators. Sports lovers can play in the Port Douglas Golf Challenge held at Sea Temple Golf Club and Mirage Country Club, or catch the action in the Cairns Audi Centre’s Clipper Cup regatta.
Carnivale’s organisers, the Port Douglas Chamber of Commerce, have chosen ‘Icons of Douglas’ for the 2009 event theme. “We are inviting people to interpret what the icons of the Douglas region are,” said chairman Ken Dobbs. “You might feel Four Mile Beach is iconic, so theme your float a beach; you may choose the celebrities who come here and turn out as a movie star or you might select an era to be iconic –the 80’s were a significant time here.”
Last year, Port Douglas welcomed thousands visitors from Australia and overseas who partied with the locals of the village under the clear blue skies of May and found, as those who live there already know, there is much to celebrate here.
|Festival Dates||May 16 - 25, 2014|
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
- Qantas, Virgin Blue and Jetstar have daily flights to Cairns.
- Express Chauffer Coaches offer transfers between Cairns and Port Douglas. Skysafari can arrange helicopter transfers from Cairns to Port Douglas.
- For more information visit
- Peninsula Boutique Hotel has an Indulgence Package for 7 nights in a Coral Sea Spa Suite, with dinner for two and wine, sunset sailing experience and all breakfasts for $2590 valid until 30 June 2009.
- Hibiscus Resort & Spa has a 10 day Carnivale package with extras including includes tickets to events such as the Sheraton Mirage Longest Lunch and the food & wine festival, a reef trip, rainforest tour, and a two hour luxury spa treatment from $470 per room per night
- Sheraton Mirage is offering Carnivale revellers $190 per room per night including breakfast plus 50% off all food and beverage in the hotel’s restaurants. Buy two Longest Lunch tickets and receive a voucher for next stay with 1st night at $220 and 2nd night free. For more information visit