Barcelona Singing Week (Jornades Internacionales de Cant Coral)
|Country and Region||Spain — Catalonia|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain|
|Festival Contact Information|
This one-week long Festival takes place in Barcelona. Enrolment fees include accommodation, breakfast and lunch, pic-nic for dinner on performance days, and the music scores for the workshops. Free time in the mornings. This allows you to enjoy the wide range of activities Barcelona has to offer: you can enjoy the sunshine on more than 3 km of beach line, the never-ending life on the glamorous Ramblas, or you may visit the Gothic city centre and all kinds of buildings, monuments or museums.
Workshops take place in the afternoon. Around 400 participants, Catalan and international, are expected to take part in the event. The participating choirs will be expected to offer 2-3 performances: one concert in the gothic church of Santa Maria del Pi, and one or two other concerts in different venues in the vicinity of Barcelona. The Singing week Closure Concert takes place at the well-known modernist style Hall, “Palau de la Música Catalana”. In addition, a reception in the City Council will be organised.
|Festival Dates||July 4 - 10, 2011|
Participating conditions 2011:
- The “Singing Week” is open to all choirs that wish to take part in an International Choral Music Festival.
- Enrollment fee: 365 € / person
- Inclusive of:
- Accommodation in different kind of rooms
- Breakfast and lunch from July 4th (lunch) till July 10th * (Breakfast)
- Picnic for dinner will also be provided on performance days
- Participation in the workshops
- Workshops´ music scores.
- During the week, choirs are expected to:
- Offer a 30 minutes long performance in Barcelona (S. Maria del Pi)
- Offer 1 or 2, 60 minutes long performance/s in venues located in towns in the Barcelona area
- Participate in one workshop
- All singers are requested to state 2 workshop preferences, so that we can achieve the best possible grouping for the workshops. We will, of course, try to meet your first preference if that is possible.
- By signing the registration form, participants accept that the Federació Catalana d’Entitats Corals holds all the rights of the International Choral Days in Barcelona. Deadline for applications: February 28, 2011
- The outcome of your application will be communicated to you by March 15, 2011.
- Optional day outings:
- On request, we can organise for your choir a visit to Monserrat Monastery with attendance to a short concert, or a Barcelona guided tour (ask for more information)
- 9-9:30 h breakfast
- Free Time
- 14-15:30 h lunch
- 16-19 h workshop rehearsal
- 21 h concerts (10/7 final concert)
- Each participant choir gives different individual concerts (2-3) in Barcelona and surroundings Workshops
- Each participant has to take part in one workshop