Magic Loungeabout Festival
|Country and Region||United Kingdom — England|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Skipton, Yorkshire, England|
|Festival Contact Information|
The 2010 festival has been cancelled — the major funder has pulled support. The festival is expected to take place in 2011.
The festival takes place during the last weekend of July or first weekend of August, nestled deep within the rolling Yorkshire Dales amid luscious greenery and parkland forests, there returns one of the most hotly-anticipated festivals in the calendar: The Magic Loungeabout. An intimate, enriching and decidedly enchanting affair, one with its sights firmly set upon the mantra of refined hedonism echoing around the idyllic site, it’s a playground for the young at heart - and those with youngsters too. An experience for those who wish to enjoy their festival fun in a more salubrious environment, one replete with an array of the finest talent in grown-up pop and electronica, an assortment of luxury accommodation and fine food and drink to indulge in. The Magic Loungeabout encompasses the best elements of many festivals, sprinkling considerable magic of its own to create a truly quirky and colourful event all in one.
|Festival Dates||July 27 - 29, 2012|
The festival embodies the spirit of magic and adventure and eclecticism, and is the perfect tonic for intimate escapism, far away from the sprawling, large scale events criss-crossing the UK. The Magic Loungeabout welcomes bright young things or those of a more mature orientation who still like to party, but in a finer, refined style. Families are an integral part of this ethos. Fun seekers and night owls and culture vultures are welcomed with open arms. The Magic Loungeabout is all about music, fun and games – in a beautiful setting where a touch of glittering class permeates everywhere you look.
- Saturday will be all about indulgence, be it at the cocktail bar or dancing late into the night, whilst Sunday will be about enriching the senses. So take a long, languorous massage or leave the kids to be told mystical fables whilst you go and listen to tales from inspiring speakers from the worlds of food, film and travel. Musically the remit will be broadened slightly for The Magic Loungeabout, so expect plenty of the best electronic pop on Saturday whilst Sunday will have more of an acoustic, laid back feel. Additional programming includes —
- Speaker’s tent
- A cosy cinema
- A restaurant
- A tea shop
- Old school games room
- Children’s programming
- Spa treatments
- A crafts and clothes area
- Broughton Hall
Yorkshire BD23 3AE
- Online information at
- If you would like to get in early and secure a home in our boutique camping area then please do. Remember to buy a ticket via our website first as you can only book accommodation through our friends below.
- Gypsy Bowtop Caravans (New) — We can now offer Gypsy Bowtop Caravans. They’re 15ft long and nearly 6.5ft wide. They sleep 4 comfortably and even come with a mini stove. If you’d like to secure one please call Greg on +44 07505 485 185.
- Bell Tents — These are 4 metres in diameter, natural canvas circular tents. They stand 6ft tall and come with natural coir matting floor, battery powered fairy lights and the option of a double bed with duvet, pillows and sheets. The tents are ideal for a couple sleeping on the bed or a family of four sleeping on the matting. Call Lou on +44 07748 184192
- Yurts and Squrts
- Pagoda Packages (New) — The idea behind the Pagodas is to offer you more choice to your festival experience. These will be fully furnished bases for you and your party of friends. They will have an open view of the stage and have waitress and bar tab facility throughout the day. Call Emma or Shan on +44 01423 563563