International Puppet Theatre Festival “PIERROT” (Фестивал ПИЕРО)
Photos: Parwaz Puppet Theatre, Goethe-Institut, Kabul-Afghanistan
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Bulgaria — Stara Zagora|
|Type of Festival||Drama|
|Location of Festival||Stara Zagora, Stara Zagora, Bulgaria|
|Festival Contact Information|
State Puppet Theatre Stara Zagora
The International Puppet Theatre Festival “PIERROT” is a puppetry festival for adults that features seminars, workshops, an art market, exhibitions, and street art. The festival was created in 2000 with the aim of focusing on adults puppetry and in experimental and new forms in the puppet theatre.
|Festival Dates||September 24 - 29, 2013|
Performance feature 2011:
- Rabbit and Hedgehog, Parwaz Puppet Theatre (Kabul, Afghanistan)
- The four actors argue about the different colors they are wearing. Which one is more beautiful? They want to make an example and quickly set the stage to begin the play. Mr. Hedgehog loves nothing better than to stretch out in the sun. Mrs. Hedgehog is very upset about this. Neighbors are already complaining about the field that is overrun with weeds. One morning a Rabbit stumbles over the hedgehog, stretched out and hidden in the grass. The arrogant Rabbit insults the hedgehog and mocks him about his short and crooked legs. The conflict escalates. The Rabbit suggests a race. “What will be the wager?” “Your field and mine too”, says the Rabbit and so the race begins. A play about tolerance and the strength of a woman.
- For more information contact:
- Spotlight on the Arts segment on “Language” for All Things Connecticut
View by clicking on
The episode features the work of Masque Theatre of Connecticut, with Larry Hunt, Artistic Director, and Adelka Polak, Performer/Artist during their recent overseas visit to the Pierrot Festival of Adult Puppetry in Stara Zagora Bulgaria, where they performed and participated in theatre events; and received the mask theatre award. All feedback and comments welcome!
Ed Wierzbicki, Producer-Spotlight on the Arts Connecticut Public Broadcasting
1049 Asylum Avenue
Hartford, CT 06109
Application information 2010:
- Available at the festival web site at http://www.pierrot-bg.com/
- Application deadline is December 15, 2010
- Notification of participation by January 15, 2011