|Country and Region||Netherlands — North Brabant|
|Type of Festival||Drama|
|Location of Festival||Helmond, North Brabant, The Netherlands|
|Festival Contact Information|
Pirandello Festival takes place in Helmond, and features a program entirely dedicated to the Italian writer Luigi Pirandello. The rich program includes stage, film, stories, congresses, readings and of course—Italian food!
|Festival Dates||June 3 - 13, 2010|
Festival prologue 2010:
- Two performances of Hendrik 4 (Henry IV) of Pirandello by Theater STAP (Flemish company). The performances will take place january 21 and 22, 2010 at Speelhuis, in the city of Helmond.
- A performance of the novel One, no one and one hundred thousand (Pirandello) by the company Counterparts
- A monologue about the novel The diaries of Serafino Gubbio, camerman (Pirandello), by the actor Boris van den Wijngaard
- A dramatic version of the novel The last three days of Fernando Pessoa (Antonio Tabucchi), a special project with the Roman director Teresa Pedroni and the famous Dutch actor Joop Keesmaat
- A marathon competition (concours) for amateur theatre and narrators around (about) the covering theme of the festival: ‘pretend to pretend’ (fingere di fingere), with Dutch, Flemish and Italian participants
- Two educational projects for elementary schools (about the novella He sings the Epistle (Canta l’epistola) and secondary schools (about the general theme)
- A slow food event in an Italian ambiente, mixed with a an artistic programm.