KBC Great Music in Irish Houses Festival
Photo credits: See below under Practical information
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Ireland — Dublin|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Laois; Wicklow; Cork; Louth; Kildare; Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland|
|Festival Contact Information|
KBC Great Music in Irish Houses
The KBC Great Music in Irish Houses Festival is a firm favourite with music lovers, as it offers a unique opportunity to experience performances from world-class international and homegrown virtuosos, amidst the beautiful surroundings of some of Ireland’s stateliest residences and buildings. This blend of carefully chosen chamber music programmes, performed by pre-eminent artists in these grand, yet intimate historic venues, in addition to its extremely friendly and social feel, has ensured that the KBC Great Music in Irish Houses Festival remains one of the most popular and important events in the Irish classical music calendar.
With its stunning recital rooms, and its enchanting gardens, Kilruddery House in Wicklow has been a consistent sell out venue over the Festival’s 40 year history. The beautifully restored splendour of Castletown House in Kildare – undoubtedly Ireland’s finest Palladian house. Castletown House, which is considered by many to be the spiritual home of the Festival,
|Festival Dates||June 12 - 17, 2012|
The Irish Houses:
- Several of the stately venues which participate in KBC Great Music in Irish Houses are, in fact, still private residences, so the Festival provides the unique opportunity to hear world-class musical talent in the intimate surroundings for which much chamber music was actually written. It is a summer event, so why not make a day of one of the fixtures by relaxing with a picnic in the manicured gardens of one of these stately homes, before enjoying beautiful chamber music performed by celebrated virtuosos.
- Box Office phone
- +353 01 664 2822
- Online Ticket Reservation
- For information about KBC Music in Great Houses Festival
Slideshow Photo Credits:
- In order of appearance
- Baiba Skride, photo by Marco Borggreve (all rights reserved) — performer at the 2010 KBC Music in Great Irish Houses Festival.
- Beaulieu House, Co. Louth - one of the venues for the 2009 KBC Music in Great Irish Houses Festival.
- Cellist Natalie Clein — 2009 KBC Music in Great Irish Houses Festival.
- Chinese guitarist Xufei Yang — 2009 KBC Music in Great Irish Houses Festival.