New Ross Piano Festival
Photo credits: See Practical information below.
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Ireland — Wexford|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||New Ross, Wexford Ireland|
|Festival Contact Information|
Ticket Phone: 00353 51 421255
If you’ve never been you should know that this is not just one classical concert, but a weekend crammed with them. That’s what you get at the New Ross Piano Festival. All of this happens in the small town of New Ross in the South East of Ireland, central to Waterford Airport and Rosslare Harbour, and the towns of Wexford, Waterford and Kilkenny. Keep an eye on this website for further news in the early spring.
This year’s artists and promgrammes are in the final stages of planning and should be up on the web late March 2012. So that you can get some idea of what our festival is about, here is a run-down of last year, 2011, when we had something very special. It was a two-piano festival with two fabulous Steinway Ds and equally fabuous performers.
|Festival Dates||September 27 - 30, 2012|
Photo slideshow credits:
- In order of appearance (all photos ©New Ross Piano Festival)
- All the traffic stops for the Piano Festival
- Katya Apekisheva and Charles Owen in rehearsal
- Noriko Agawa and Kathryn Stott rehearsing
- Katya Apekisheva and Charles Owen [duettist] relaxing on the church steps
- Sarah Sexton, - quiet spot before leading “Carnival of the Animals”
- Katya Apekisheva in full flight
- Playing the “PLAY ME” pianos down-town
- St. Mary’s Church Norman ruins
- Booking by phone +353 (0)51 421255
- Online at St Michaels Theatre Centre for the Arts
- For further information phone +353 (0)51 421383, or at the festival web site http://www.newrosspianofestival.com