Kinsale Arts Week
Photos courtesy of Kinsale Arts Week.
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Ireland — Cork|
|Type of Festival||Dance, Drama, Music|
|Location of Festival||Kinsale, County Cork, Ireland|
|Festival Contact Information|
Kinsale Arts Week
KAW presents the best in local artistic talent, together with some of the finest national and international performers Kinsale has ever seen. It will offer both the community and the visiting public an extravaganza of multi-disciplinary creative expression that encompasses music and dance, theatre, visual arts, poetry and prose events and street entertainment. Come along and experience a fantastic festival in the finest of settings…
|Festival Dates||July 9 - 17, 2011|
- Dance, swoon and glide at Kinsale Arts Week — Music fans of all colours and creeds will get their fix at this year’s Kinsale Arts Week, which takes place from July 9th to 17th. Famous for the Charles Fort Concerts — outdoor gigs held in the unforgettable atmosphere of a 17th century star fort by the sea, the Arts Week team have put together an eclectic line up with world class acts, supported by County Cork sensations – for a Local versus The World face off.
- Saturday, July 9
- Kicking off on Saturday 9th July, Waterloo (straight from Sweden, and the only Abba Tribute band to be endorsed by Abba’s own band) are supported by the Papa Zitas.
- Wednesday, July 13
- Then the dream ticket is Nouvelle Vague with the West Cork Ukulele Orchestra. Punk classics will never sound the same again…
- Saturday, July 16
- The final Charles Fort Concert is The Undertones, stopping off in Cork on their 35th Anniversary Tour, with Exit: Pursued by a Bear doing the opening honours.
- Free programming
- Sounds on the Square lines up free live music over both weekends, there’s contemporary classical from 3epkano – who are also rocking the Electric Picnic this year. They have been gathering a loyal following of devoted fans on both sides of the Atlantic in recent times for their re-scoring of classic black and white films from the silent movie era. And closing Arts Week in style are The Rubberbandits — is that a horse outside?
- More Arts…
- There’s also great art, drama, comedy, kids stuff, food events (after all, Kinsale is the food capital of the West of Ireland), and more more more. It’s going to be a rocking summer in Kinsale.
- Book online visit http://www.kinsaleartsweek.com or call the box office on +353 021 470 0877.