Wave Rock Weekender
Photos credits: "Sparklers", photo by Kara Smith, all other images by Stuart Millen.
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Australia — Western Australia|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Hyden, Western Australia, Australia|
|Festival Contact Information|
Wave Rock Weekender is an annual festival that is produced by Soul Highway whose aim is to create “soulful” events for artists, audiences and staff. The festival is a meeting place for connecting with friends, music, and film in an inspirational location. The weekend-long experience offers a back country environment with camping and amenities for adults only. An Australian photo ID is required for entry. Unfortunately, no youth or children will be admitted at the 18+ event.
The boutique-style festival is limited to to the capacity of 800. The festival venues is set in and around the Wave Rock Caravan Park. The landscape is rusticated with the beautiful salty, scrubby, bushy Australia on the edge of the desert. In addition to the stellar music line-up the experience will featuring camping, showers, and clean facilities, food and bar access.
|Festival Dates||September 28 - 29, 2013|
- KIM SALMON
- ABBE MAY
- MELBOURNE SKA ORCHESTRA (our 26 piece finale)
- CACTUS CHANNEL
- MT MOUNTAIN
- THE CHEMIST
- THE TWOKS
- RASA DUENDE
- TINY RUINS
- THE PERCH CREEK FAMILY JUG BAND
- BILLIE ROGERS & THE COUNTRY GENTS
- HUGE MAGNET
- QUARRY MOUNTAIN DEAD RATS
- THE DIANAS
- CHRIS RUSSELL’S CHICKEN WALK,
- SUNSHINE BROTHERS
- ANTON FRANC
- BLIND TIGER BLUES BOX
- COSMIC DRAMA
- DIGER ROKWELL
- BOOST HERO MAN
- STEVEN A HUGHES
- and more…
Other stuff 2013:
- The Speakeasy: will run Saturday and Sunday from midnight until 3:00am with free hot drinks and toast, Blind Tiger Blues Box old time DJs, a huge open fire, courtesy hot water bottles and conversation.
- The Cinema: will run 24 hours except for a short break for yoga on Sunday morning with Ann Dragon from North Perth Yoga.
- Caravan Parklife: Due to popular demand our miniature nightclub will run both nights. Push it. Push it real good.
- The Rock: our favourite 270 million year old is open all hours – lit for relaxation Saturday night and visuals and music crank up Sunday night with the Community at the controls/mics/projectors.
- The Salt Pool: Because of all the rain it is fuller than we have ever seen it before. Super salty, super floaty fresh gypsum filtered water at your service.
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
Cushy tent camping 2013:
- We can still provide a tent and mattress for you – just click on the buy tickets button at http://www.waverockweekender.com.au and select a tent in your camp colour. These will be on sale until 5:00pm Friday, September 20.
- For your enjoyment there will be on offer at reasonable prices — beer, cocktails, wine, soft drinks, coffee and tea, a variety of enticing foods to suit all tastes — including burgers, pizza, kebabs, muffins and lots more.
- Local shops nearby plus a cinema, camping on-site, toilets and showers, a message board (mobile phones will not work in the area). Although there will be a public kiosk with phone and internet set up.
- Note — Please do not bring alcohol on site as the festival must stay in compliance with their license and vendors need to have their presence made worthwhile for the benefit of all. There will be recycling and waste management
- To buy tickets go to
- Wave Rock Caravan Park
Wave Rock Road