Harmony by the Bay Festival
|Country and Region||United States — California|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Mountain View, California USA|
The annual gathering that is the Harmony Festival convenes once again in the heart of Northern California to bring together the best of leading-edge music, art, and culture. For the first time in it’s history the festival expanded to three days and nights in 2008, — with expanded shows and venues, more on-site camping, and the best musical line-up ever. The “Harmony After Dark” nighttime shows feature three separate venues of music in one epic party zone, all for one price. And this year the Harmony Festival organization is privileged to partner with Live Nation
Each year a festival theme describes the programming—through forums, speakers, and interactive exhibits. The Harmony Festival is also proud to team up with many other community-minded event organizations to help produce this year’s Festival, including: Peak Experience Productions; Mystic Beat Lounge; Solar Living Institute; Sunrise Center; Earthdance; Anon Salon, and many others. For more information visit:
|Festival Dates||September 29, 2012|
The Harmony Festival’s diverse line-up of stellar musicians and activities happening over three days, make some people wonder what, exactly, is the Harmony Festival? Is it a music festival? Progressive lifestyle festival? Environmental expo? Health and healing festival? Arts and crafts fair? Camping event? Spiritual gathering? The answer is: all of the above. And much more. For more information about the festival Greening please visit http://www.harmonyfestival.com/greening/greening.html. The Harmony Festival, along with Sonoma County have signed on to reduce their waste. For more information about the Climate Protection Campaign visit http://www.climateprotectioncampaign.org/, and to calculate your impact visit My Footprint at http://www.myfootprint.org./. Harmony Festival a trendsetter in large festival waste diversion Last year, Green Mary and her awesome Green Team diverted ten tons of compost and recycling from the landfill. To learn more about how you can green your daily life, your business or your next event, visit http://greenmary.com/.
- THE SHINS
- Named MTVHive’s “most satisfying festival band,” these indie rockers are full of lively melodies, big rock numbers, and uniquely sad moments that never bring down a crowd standing in a park on a bright day.
- TEGAN AND SARA
- The folk-rock duo burst onto the Canadian music scene with the highest score in history at Calgary’s “Garage Warz” competition. Their ultra fizzy, punky pop music and charming stage personas make them adored by audiences worldwide.
- JIMMY CLIFF
- ALISON KRAUSS & UNION STATION featuring JERRY DOUGLAS
- BEATS ANTIQUE
- THE DIRTY HEADS
- ERIC HUTCHINSON
- DJ DRAGONFLY
- DJ JACK DARLING
Eco Carnival 2012:
- SUSTAINABLE LIVING ROADSHOW
- A zany far-out caravan of educators and entertainers who tour the country in a fleet of renewable fuel vehicles setting up off-the-grid eco-carnivals with experiential learning villages, making sustainable living strategies for a healthier planet uber cool.
- Shoreline Amphitheatre
1 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, California
- Online information