Fête de la Musique Berlin
Fete de la Musique Berlin 2013: Lavoisier at Nikolaiviertel, photo by Alex Laljak; Bolschewistische Kurkapelle at Prenzlauer Berg, photo by Dominik Butzmann; and Luisenkirche's Trombone Choir, photo by Kai Bienert
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Germany — Berlin|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Berlin, Berlin, Germany|
|Festival Contact Information|
La Fête de la Musique was initiated in France in 1982, spread out around the world during the following years. This international event, dedicated to musical practice and live music in general, open to all kinds of audiences is really unique. As a matter of fact the world Music Day is celebrated on every 21st of June all over the world, taking care of each country’s cultural specificities. Nowadays, world music day joins together the persons involved in the event in more than 120 countries and 340 cities worldwide: which means educational structures, cultural centers, diplomatic networks, city councils, local authorities, ministries for culture, associations, music profesionnals, artists, music schools, academies of music…
|Festival Dates||June 21, 2014|
- Tour de la Musique - a discovery around every corner!
- This year’s Fête de la Musique is a mix of almost all styles, but musical focuses on erkennbar: from 104 locations are only ten electro stage, there are swing music of all stripes, including the Frannz Club and the Astra, a wide range of classical and choral music, and a strong tendency to SingerSongwriter and worldmusic. Also the trend towards acoustic music continues: the Nikolai quarter, the old school stage at the Walter-Benjamin-Platz in Charlottenburg, Hansaviertel and everything in butter do completely without electric amplification.
- Well-known professionals to undiscovered laymen
- The beauty of the Fête de la Musique is always the element of surprise that awaits around every corner. The oblique and music style names of many ensembles have not an idea of whether they are the stars of tomorrow: recorder of death (RAW), composer district with heart music (Café Mirbach), who killed Bambi (K17), Eden crying in the Tomb (White Trash), third with a heart (Russian House), Thomas Tulip with poppy Wurstmusike (wacky rocks), Franz horny - the best of French Chanson on German (info Café Berlin-Paris), Krause-gets-the-blues (Hansa quarter) or the diamond rockers with Rockabillykontrabassklettern (Antje Öklesund).
- Street music
- Quite apart from the many street musicians, whose name we do not know and that from 16 to 22 hours with SonderGenehmigung (but only unplugged, so no electricity / without electric amplification) may play on the public places. Registration for the acoustic music is not required, the authorization can be loaded on the 21.6 under http://www.fetedelamusique.de.
- More classic than ever!
- Two high-profile international ensembles gracing the Fête de la Musique in Berlin: the Stanford Symphony Orchestra will be touring in the “Beethoven’s footsteps” by Europe and performs to the Fête de la Musique with the “Beethoven Marathon” in the Hardenbergstraße UdK Concert Hall. The 85 members of the Orchestra are students of at Stanford University (United States), after going through a professional coaching in addition to her non-musical study of also their enthusiasm for classical music.
- On the occasion of the European day of music at the Konzerthaus on the Gendarmenmarkt, the ensemble Camerata Europæa presents classical and contemporary music of series “Trio Europe” from Italy, Greece and Germany, including two world premieres!
- Young soloists of the Julius Stern Institute of the Universität of der Künste Berlin at the age of 10 to 18 years imagine Bundesallee UdK concert hall with works from the classical to the modern. Les Jeunes Classiques are students of the University of the arts and play Chamber music in the Church of the Holy Cross.
- Lovers of vocal music will find an incredible variety of sacred choral music to world music including urban Yodelling in the Passionskirche, parish church, the Nikolai quarter, in the Russian House, Humboldt University and St. Hedwig’s Cathedral. And this year, Berlin welcome back summer with gemeinschaftlichem Turmblasen trombone.
- French connection
- French music is heard in the Centre Français wedding with Mr. Bondy and son capital, at the Institut of Français at the Kurfürstendamm with Johanna Borchert Orchestre Idéal, info Café Berlin Paris with the French rock band Déja vu, Brel and Gainsbourg in Charlottenburg. The boiler house of the Kulturbrauerei presents - traditionally in cooperation with the French Musikexportbureau - to the “Frenchy Night” two top acts from France: Melissa Laveaux (funk-pop) and Les Malentendus (Gipsy).
- Music for and with children
- At eleven locations, there is music for - with - children and many hands-on activities. For example instrument made of remaining materials with “Chance-Berlin” at Marie’s stage in Prenzlauer Berg. The sounding Museum with the interactive Musikmobil is a guest at the Cabuwazi Treptow. Here can the kids to your hearts content various instruments try, “touch, pure blow and knock on it”. Drums for short is announced at the Yaam and Pankow-party at the Neumann Forum. The numerous young bands music kollwitzplatz fats provide a platform for again, the Linden Church in Wilmersdorf, the Karlshorster family stage and rocking for a free world - RAW in Friedrichshain.
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811